Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Oh my goodness!!

Can you believe it !! its nearly a month since I last posted, so I'm sorry to those that read my dreary going ons, LOL but I really don't know where time has gone, I really am shocked that we are now in MAY!! whats that all about?

So May brings the end of the CC on UKS, which was a totally fab weekend, I tried different things, I actually worked outside my comfort zone and regularly over the weekend found thinking out of the box which was cool, I feel that as I have really only been scrapping for just over a year, I have found that I am comfortable with certain things like colours, embellies, number of photos etc.... and this weekend saw me scrapping more then 1 or 2 photos, and using different sizes have a look:-





And I found that because I didn't buy any kits I made things, like one of the classes needed a clock and I was able to make one, ok albeit not as perfect as the one that would have been in the kit, but I truly had fun making them!

Also, May brings loads of birthdays, my Brothers 41st!! I cant believe it was this time last year we were all in Mallorca celebrating his 40th! its mad where the hell has 12 months gone?

Also, sad to say it also sees the first anniversary of my dear dads death, its crazy, I sit here now and wonder how I got through this year, and to be truthful I cant answer that, I have had my days of realising that I will never see him again or have that hug and become inconsolable, but yet there are days where I think he is in a much happier and pain free place, I think I am one of those people that hide emotions as much as I can, and just get on, and try not to think too much about what is going on, I am not saying that I don't think about him because I do and a lot, like with the crap I am going through with work I could see my dad and have a good ole rant and he will tell me "oh stuff em tell to go **** themselves your better then them" LOL a true Irishman I can tell you, and he would listen even though I was probably boring the pants off him he would always shake his head and have an answer, or if he knew I needed to rant he would rant with me, and that is something I do miss a lot! funny isn't it, the silly things that get you.

Funny, the silly sod is always in my mind, maybe not always at the front, but is always there, you know my philosophy in life is never to regret, and 99% of the time that is so true, but sometimes I think "oh how I wish Roger and I had gotten married" you know just to save that little bit of pain on the day!! Hey ho never mind........................(just reflecting), it would have also been his 66th birthday on the 26th May!

I managed to get some old photos scanned the other week, and here are just a few of my favs:-





This is me and dad in our back garden in Putney, London in the early 80s (not a daddy's girl at all LOL)











Now I know full well that Mum would not be happy with this photo, but it is of mum and dad on holiday in Malta (2nd time) in the early 90s








This is a fav of mine, I have always looked up to Lee in more ways then one, and this was our first visit to Mallorca back in the 80's, how strange that we now seem to go there every year, as this is now where he lives, the birdy song obviously had a lasting affect on him hehe




Mum gave me a few of these photos, and have enjoyed finding things to do with them, and is nice to have them in my vast collection of photos both on my pc and the hard copy ones. I know mum has many many more for me to play around with so looking forward to getting my grubby mits on them too.

Anyway, I am sure I have waffled on far to much now so I am going to sign off - but not before wishing my big brother a happy birthday for tomorrow, and my several friends throughout this month, and a happy birthday to my dad I know he is probably reading this over my shoulder LOL, and I miss you more then you know xxxxxxxx

Thanks for reading peeps, promise I will get back to once a week (honest!) - I have been badgering a good friend (Sarah) for not updating hers, and she quite rightly pointed out my month absence today x

Catch you all soon
Clairexxx

6 comments:

Chrissie said...

Hey Claire, thanks for commenting on my blog :D And (if I can just say)... I really believe you WILL see your dad again. But of course you miss him. My dad died 24 years ago and I still miss him every day.

And kill the moths. Kill the butterflies. Kill the wing-ed creatures what flaps in yer face. Splat.

SmileyCarrie said...

Claire ~ thanks for commenting on my blog!

Beautiful tribute to your father ... I'm sure he is reading what you wrote, over your shoulder!

great pics!
Looking forward to reading your blog!
*hugs*

Beth said...

Hiya lovely, thank you for popping by on my blog. (I've not updated in a short while). I fully understand where your coming from re your Dad and grieving, same for me here too, and not so long ago either. Lovely pics of the both of you. Can relate on the pco's front too. Hang in there. Take care, Beth XX

Sarah said...

Hey hun, what a beautiful post. I am sat here crying now in the emotional state that I am currently in (ykwim) Really lovely tribute to you dad and I love all the photos.

Nat said...

What a lovely tribute to your dad Claire :)

Great to hear that you got plenty of things done during the CC - your LO on the kraft coloured paper looks very interesting - I'm loving kraft paper at the mo :) xxx

Di said...

Hi Claire, thanks for popping by my blog, I'm a bit slow at updating it at the mo....work getting in the way, how dull eh!!

Fab tribute to your dad, I have lost my dad also and miss him all the time. It's lovely that you have the fab photos of the 2 of you.
xx