Sunday, March 11, 2007

Its finally Caught me..........

So today I wake up, stretch, open my eyes, yawn and swallow and at that point let out an almight ouch, yep I wake on this fine Sunday morning sore throat and streaming nose!! I have managed to run from it for months and in the middle of the night it snuck up on me, I was so defenceless !!!

So all day I have been walking around with tissues galore and soothers, oh and the sneezing whats that all about!! ?? so as write this I will probably have sneezed all over you so sorry if you catch it LOL.

Last night we had a party to go to, it was my cousins 40th, it was an ok affair, my cousin is a lovely fun girl, but does sometimes forget her roots so to speak, and I find that a little hard to swallow (even more so today LOL) I am a firm believer that you are who you are and people should like, love or loath you for that and that only, but the thing with my cousin is now and then she remembers her roots and we have such a blast, and always end up going home with a change of opinion and say she so funny, and then other times she is this totally different person, someone I just cant relate to and I find it so hard to try and keep up.

But even still she had this party, and it was a funny night, the DJ was this caberat type, he DJ'd for a while, then done several dress changes, and ranged from Bee Gees to Elvis and a few in between, and trust me he was a funny looking thing, but certainly was a crowd pleaser! the food was amazing, and the company was just as good, and found myself having a laugh.

My mum got a little upset last night, the guy was doing an Elvis song, and a bad attempt at that, but it wasnt that that upset her, I think it was more the song, and the fact that she couldnt have her dance with dad, its amazing you forget how much it still effects her, I mean its totally understandable, after 45yrs of being with someone 24/7 and then having them taken from you, I can imagine how hard it is, what I mean is when you see or speak to her she is so strong, and always tries to have a smile on her face, and its at times like last night that you realise how fragile she really is.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the party, and some of my crazy family LOL

No comments: