Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Unearthly Pain

Ok so I feel like im falling apart at the seams!!

Firstly, I have an in-growing toe nail thanks to dropping something bloody heavy on it and breaking it, so thats ongoing.

Secondly, I have a cold (see previous post) sneaky bugger

Thirdly, due to the said cold I had a sneezing fit yesterday at work, and then experienced a pain I have never had before!! as a female I get a pain around this area every now and then on my left and its one of those pains I know and can explain, but yesterday it was on my right, so automatically thought holy crap appendix!! so in true Claire style I left it for a few hours thinking whatever it was would go away cos im clever like that!!

So around 8.30 ish and a few pain killers later, and hours of trying to get comfy, I gave in and called NHS Direct, to cut a very long and tiring conversation short, I suffer from PCOS, which means I have a large amount of Cysts around my ovaries and a couple decided that they wanted to bite the dust and ruptured!! NHS Direct said that they could get me to come up to the hospital but alls they can do is give me a pain killer and make me comfy, so he suggested that while the pain was dull I could stay at home, unless it became too bad to come up immediately.

And yes it bloody hurt, and my tummy is still sore and still very tender, needless to say I didn't go to work today, I was hoping to get to see my GP but because I didn't get to sleep till 3am I missed the 8am calling slot for an appointment.

Im due to see her next Tuesday regarding my foot so I shall have a chat with her then.

So note to any PCOS sufferers have that pain, dont worry LOL its only a cyst throwing a paddy.

Cxx

No comments: