Friday, January 05, 2007

Wedding Album & Anniversary Album

Ok so after a long hard thinking session and a very valuable question asked on UKS, I have now made the decision that the wedding album that I am giving our friends will be in the 8x8 format!!

I was originally planning on doing a 12x12 all my preparation was based on that size, and for some reason I started thinking the other night, that the photographer has presented them with their paid for wedding book which is a 12x12, so why have 2 books the same size with similar photos, so doing them a 8x8 with a different spin on it in my eyes would be a better gift!

I have found the book I want, its a book with silver writing on it now sure the make it might be HOTP maybe!! and for the first page I'm going for this photo:

I'm not writing all the journalling on the pages, I thought it would be wise to attach tags and journalling blocks for them to write their memories and thoughts for each photo. The only journalling im going to do is around the photo, like on this one I might write something like "Is this really happening" or "Cant take my eyes off of you" not sure inspiration will hit at the time I add the photo to the page!

This will be a nice little project for me, as in March I'm doing an anniversary album for my Brother and his wife, they have had some bad anniversaries in the past few years. Something has always ruined it for them things like parents passing away or funerals, so for this year I thought I would try to make them smile and make them an album, and what could be better then 'First Family Holiday to Florida' they flew off in November for 2 weeks with their 2 boys 8 and 12 and the photos they have are phenomenal, and that will be done in a 12x12 format with Disney papers and Album. I will pick up their CD from mum at the weekend so I can go through and sift through them all.

Again a project I'm really looking forward to. Also in a local shop I have found that they are selling all size canvas's for really good prices, so may do a few for their flat, I done this one for their Christmas pressie, I loved the look of faces and eyes LOL they loved it, which meant alot to me, as my brother has never seen anything creative that I have made, so it was like his seal of approval :-


So they are the 2 big projects for the beginning of the year, the wedding album I want to give to them as soon as really as they got married back in August but have been begging the photographer to get a jog on with the photos! but now I have them so I can get the stuff ordered and have some fun. And my brothers anniversary is in May but mum is going over in March so if I can I will get it done by then if not I will send it over.

So watch this space for my LOs lol. Thanks for reading

Cxx

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looking forward to seeing your projects hun. I think I have some Mickey paper which will be winging its way to you!!

Love that photo of your friends btw. Really lovely.

Roz said...

Wow what a wonderful present, and I'm sure they will adore it, the fact that they can add there own journalling will make it all the more special. Can't wait to see what you do with this.