Monday, January 01, 2007

The Last Prompt of 2006!!

Ok so I am a little late with this one, as I should have done it over the weekend, but the festivities kept me a tad busy LOL!!! So Scrappyfairy gave this as our last prompt of 2006:-

What has made 2006 for you!??! What has made you smile, cry, laugh, reflect and what have you learned?

Well 2006 was a hard year for me and my family, as normal the year always starts of good and in high spirits, but it rapidly went down the Swanee!! first of all my job became permanent (good thing) then within the month I was put on Risk for Redundancy, as this was happening we were having some financial difficulties so again came at the wrong time, and then on top of that my brother was celebrating his 40th in Spain where he lives but as I was at risk of redundancy I was close to cancelling 24hrs before cancelling my boss decides to retract the redundancy and thankfully we managed to get to my brothers birthday (WOOHOO)

Which in turn is a fab thing as it was the last time we as a family were ever going to be together complete!! we had my brothers birthday on 3rd May and my dad passed away on 29th May! 3 days after his 65th birthday (bad) I think the rest of the year has been overshadowed by this loss, it was something that you never expect to happen is it. So from the end of May to the second week of June was very much a blur, so for the what made me cry in 2006 I think for me that tops.

As for the rest of 2006, I have had some highs too, maybe not as high as they could have been but some things this year brought a smile to my face. And one of the highlights for me was joining UKS and becoming a more active member, I joined UKS back in February, but was still heavily into my cards, and by June/July I had decided that I wanted to do more for me, and became more active in the Scrapbooking world, and for me that is a major highlight, I have made so many lovely friends on there its my own little world of lovely ppl!!

I think 2006 has been the hardest year yet for me and my family, we have hit hard times before and we are certainly adverse to a tad of bad luck, but this year was the hardest, and I do struggle sometimes to find the positive from the year, so a round up of the positives from 06 were:

Roger and I are stronger then ever
Meeting lovely friends on UKS
Realising how much I love scrapping
Finding amazing sponsors on UKS
Receiving my first Pizza Box of goodies
Not being made redundant
Being there for my brothers 40th (yet to be scrapped)
Belly laughing at a time in need
The look on my mums face when she realises how much she is loved
Knowing my dad is watching over us


And the sad times, well when I sum it up, the only sad thing from this year is realising I will never hear my dads voice again, or have him give me away at my wedding or hold my first born, but I know he is watching over me!!
As for what I have learned throughout 2006, Memories!! Photos they are so important, and how scrapbooks can really make a difference, having what happened in 2006 with Dad has made me realised how important it is to have those photos and to do something with them.
And more importantly, how family and close friends really are that important!! In the scrapbooking world I have learned that there are no mistakes and paper is fairly strong LOL, glue and paper stick well to cat paws hehe, glitter is impossible to remove from cat fur! and my house is just not big enough for me, roger smokey and my scrapbook habit!!

So when the clocked chimed on New Years night and turned from 06 to 07 I decided for the first time not to say the normal, "lets hope this is a better year" instead I used the expression "Bring it on!!!"

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What an emotional post. I am sat here crying now!! I hope that 2007 is a happy year for you hun, I really do xxx