Thursday, November 02, 2006

YAY The return of JaneH..................

Today's blog prompt: What constitutes a dream home for you? What features are most important? How do you make a house a home for yourself (your style, your trademark must-have items)? Colours, textures, floorplans, features, neighbourhoods, and even things like pets could make your 'home'...

Well funny you should ask this today...Roger and I were talking about if we moved what is it want the most, and for me the one thing I miss at home is my fire place, we moved 2yrs ago to a newer style property and they dont have fireplaces, so for me my next home will definatley have a fireplace! but its not that which will make my dream home, I think for me home is home, its the place I feel the most relaxed, I love certain colours in certain rooms, not saying that I wont ever change them but at the moment im into calming colours! we have alot going on at the moment so calming is good..........

Carpet.....Oh my god what a difference it makes, we have laminate wood floor everywhere and we hate it but as we all know time and money dictates when carpet can be laid!!

Nice and airy, but warm and cosy I know they are totally different but lighting makes it, we never have the big lights on (except when crafting !!) we always have side lights on, one in the hall 2 in the living room its just right...

Pictures and paintings, they tell you who lives there and what type of people live there, we have loads of family photos in collages up the stairs, and ones of our holidays you know the memories... I have a shelving unit on the wall in the front room and special bits and bobs are on there and they are the things that let you know I live there me myself and I ........ oh and my Rog lol

I dont think one thing makes a home its a mixture of everything, and the one thing that tells me im home is seeing Rogers van there when I get home from work and knowing that when I close the door im home and safe................

No comments: