Thursday, February 15, 2007

Technology is all Around!!

Ok so a little while back the lovely JaneH from UKS was creating daily blog prompts for us, to manly keep us upto date in the world of blogging, and should we wish to use them as prompts for LOs then even better. Jane has stopped them now as you can imagine was time consuming for her and im sure each day was getting harder to find a good thing to have everyone to blog. So when she stopped she sent me a list of prompts that she had posted on UKS over the course of the year, and I did orgianlly say that I would try to do one of them a week, and as you can see I havent LOL.

So whilst sitting here on luch at work, tapping away and my PC I scrolled through the prompts on Janes list and found this prompt which I thought quite apt really:-

What technology do you use? How has it changed your life? If it were gone tomorrow, how would it affect you? Do you like it, Embrace it, or treat it as a necessary evil?

So this got me a thinking!! apart from the normal TV, DVD players, IPODs and a like, I think for me the one piece of technology that I embrace it my PC!! Plain and simple, it to me is the one most important thing in my life (non human form that is). Im a PA by trade so I use my PC day in day out, 5 days a week 52 weeks of the year (excluding coffee breaks, holidays, catch up with colleagues LOL) and that one piece of equipment has in turn made my life so much easier, it is truely a remarkable thing.

See when I left school not wanting to sound old my school never had computers, and neither did my college, I left school and took a diploma in Secretarial studies, and we learnt how to type on typewriters, oh how I still feel the pain, of my fingers missing the keys and slipping inbetween the keys and removing a thin slice of skin!!!

The thing that annoyed me was the carbon copy paper, never liked it, never got on with it, never want to go back to it, even clearing out our work cupboards the other day and coming across a few random sheets gave me the shudders. And the tippex!! a ray of colour choices but for some reason only ever typed on white paper, never did figure that one out!!

So for me my PC is the most important and amazing bit of technology in my life, the things we can do, store photos, print extras and not have to wait for weeks for Prontoprint to send them to you, talk to friends and family online, type millions of words and click one button to spell check and not a whiff of tippex!!

If it was taken away from me, well I think I would leave my job, sell my house and move to a desert island at least then I could understand why it was taken away from me, oh and cry, its my life line to everything!!

And who would be so mean as to take something so important away LOL

So Mr Compaq, Mr Amstrad, Mr AppleMac, Mr Microsoft, I salute you and thank you for saving the endless strips of skin off my fingers!

No comments: