Friday, September 22, 2006

A Cruel World

Ok so I have had my blog now for less then 6 hours and im just blogging away, whilst I have been messing around sorting this out, and finding important links in my life, I come across a couple of sites in my favourites that mean alot to me.

Im talking not about my crafting life but the fact that I have PCOS, Poly Cystic Ovaries, nasty little thing, I was diagnosed with it when I was 18 and at the time it was a thing not greatly known about, I was told that 1 in 5 women suffer with this but had very little information, apart from 1 of 2 things! 1 I probably wont have children, or 2 if I do I will hit many heartaches along the way, and at 18 I was no where near ready for a family but when your told that you begin to think "hey I want a family now, I have done everything I want" but I suppose thats the kind of mind your in when you get hit with a bombshell like that!

It wasnt until a few years later I thought hold on I need to find out what this is all about, and basically in a nut shell, its a condition that can bring on weight gain, missed periods, Diabeties, its a problem caused by insulin in balance along with a few other things, and the long and short of it is 'its not something that can be cured' you have several levels some are not so bad and some people have it terribly bad.

Aparently, if you are a lucky one at a certain age your body can try to level out, and if you are lucky enough to have children that can also start to balance your insulin and hormones out. My level is in between good and bad, I took a radical choice to stop any meds and let my body sort itself out, and slowly my cycles are a lot more regular then ever before. But im not saying all PCOS sufferers should stop then meds, its something that I discussed with my doctors and went from there under close watch.

I have fallen pregnant in the last few years, but it never worked out, the doctors blamed it on the slimming pill at the time, so in my eyes there is hope, maybe but maybe the world is not that cruel!!

Watch this space

Mexx

1 comment:

Beth said...

Love your blog. If you need me you know where i am.