Friday, September 29, 2006

Stop Running in the Corridors!!

Today's Prompt:
What were your favourite subjects in school? (This can be at multiple stages, such as primary school through to university.) What do you still love to learn or study or read about? What do you wish you had learned or studied?

HHmm this is a hard one, well primary school I dont know what was my favorite subject, I think there are 3 things I will always remember from primary school, firstly, the little bottles of milk and the little red straw!! I dont know why but that is the first thing that ALWAYS pops into my head when I think of primary school, for some crazy reason I used to love that milk, where as I have an intolorence to other milk!! go figure LOL. Secondly, After school club, sometimes my parents were not always able to pick me up dead on time, so I remember going into the little annex off the corridor with Mrs Pink, loved her she was lovely, one of those people that are warm and always cuddled you, but we used to make little cushions, and table decorations, my mum still has the christmas table decoration, modified but it still has Claire aged 7 on the base !! oh the memories, and finally in primary school I will always remember the playground, from all us girls running along the painted lines, to "whats the time Mr Wolf" to ballsy up against the wall !!!

As for secondary school, I suppose my favorite subjects were History, Art and Dance, they were the ones I loved going to school for, and again, I have fond memories, just the odd small snippets, and it was even more strange as someone that used to go to my school started a website for ex pupils and teachers alike to visit memory lane, and there is one picture from the top of our school stairwell looking down, bearing in mind our school was 5 floors tall!! the caption is "and we never battered an eyelid" knowing full well if I had to walk one flight of those stairs now I would be panting like a gooden!! but the little snippets are, the drama room, god it was so dark so black so erri, the many stories of the assembly hall and under the stage being haunted!! oh, how I scared easy back then (who am I kidding im no different now LOL), and the Chelsea Smilers were on their way to our school to put perminent smiles on our faces with CFC on our foreheads LOL, and me trying to be so cool jumping over a fence in front of a load of boys and getting my skirt caught on the railings and ripping my hem, and that was on our 10am break, how long that day was, or trying to bunk off school knowing full well that the whole post office in my area knew what I looked like and would immediatley get back to my dad (he worked on the post) but trying to get away with it was the whole thrill! or fancying the new young assistance school caretaker (holds her head in shame!!)

School all in all was fun, not sure if I would go back now, if I could go back to when I was there then yes I would, I had many days of fun and laughter, hissy fits and tantrums when my hair wouldnt curl anymore, looking like poochy was my aim!! or running out of my second can of hairspray that morning!! and I think I would pay more attention to subjects and appreciate that my english essay was not the biggest stress of my life!! or not knowing what tetonic plate California was on wasnt going to be the most humilating thing ever to happen in my lifetime!!

I know I kind of sidetracked a little on the prompt but I couldnt help sharing my humilations with you all, oh and remember Dont Run!! Walk that was such a grown up thing to say, just cos the grown ups couldnt run without panting a puffing (sound familiar ;-))

1 comment:

Sarah said...

He he he! Loving this post!! I remember running up and down stairs in high school and still being able to hold a conversation at the top, I couldn't do that today!!

I too loved the milk even though it was always warm!!

We are obviously of the same era as I remember Pooky too! She sat very proudly on my bed!!