Saturday, September 23, 2006

UKS Blog Prompt

Today's blog prompt is about friends and friendships: Do you have a true friend? What is a true friend, after all? Are you a good friend? Describe your friend(s) or perhaps need/wish for one. I found two quotes that might help: ‘Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things’ (Author Unknown) and ‘A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out.’ (Grace Pulpit).

I know I know I am a day late, but I just did not get around to finishing off yesterday, I was all too excited about having a blog spot!

Anyway, friends, yes I do have a select few that I cherish and hold close to me as friends, I have some friends that ok, due to busy work schedules and married lives we are not in as much contact, but I know those friends are always there and never frown or moan if we do not chat on a weekly basis, and friends like that are hard to find!! Those are the ones that I have made friendships with over my entire life, from school, college, and work.

But those I adore and cherish are the ones I see regularly and make me laugh on a daily basis, people like Nikki, Lisa, Alison, Jim, Ric, Amanda, Suzy these are my friends that I see and speak to on a very regular basis, and hold very close to my heart, these are the people that honestly look at me and take me for who I am, they never question why I might be down but instead make me laugh and try to take my mind of whatever it is!

Jim always makes me laugh he has the ability to double me in laughing, he has a natural ability to make people laugh!

Nikki is crazy bless her she is the sensible teacher through the week and turns into a dancing and giggling machine over the weekend, she never fails to put a smile on my face, but at the same time listens to me should I need a rant.

But I suppose if I was to say I have a ranting buddy then its the one and only Lisa, she is someone that has only recently become a true friend, this is someone that I have worked with on and off for nearly 2 years now, but have got to know her more in the last year, and I suppose I could say that out of all my friends she is probably the one that knows more about me and my past and future plans, she has left now to have her little sprouty (her words), she left yesterday, and I will be honest I am going to miss her loads!

Amanda, she is someone else that I have worked with in the last year, and to be truthful, someone I did not think I would click with as much as I have, not because there is something wrong with her, its just we are totally different to one and other, she is lucky enough to have her little family unit, which im please to say Gemma has just recently joined her little family, she was born in August weighing a hefty 10lbs (I bet you winched!!), anyway we did click and she is a very good friend and I think the world of her! but I still think she is selfish, I mean taking 6 months off to be with her little ones and not being with me at work lol only kidding!! cant wait for her to come back I have missed her infectious laugh.

Ric, I suppose out of my friends outside of work he would be the person I turn to first, I know I could tell him my deepest darkest secret but I know that would go with him to his grave! but he would laugh at me in the meantime! Its the type of relationship we have, we always take the mick out of each other, I call him Caveman, and he always calls me allsorts, we are both very much alike, we are both very hard exterior but as soft as mush on the inside, but very few will see that softer side, its just how I was brought up!

Alison, she is Rics wife, feels strange typing that, as its a recently thing, they got married at the end of August, and its these that I think the world of and because of this, I have have decided to to probably the biggest craft project ever which is to make a scrapbook of their wedding! in a way its a thank you for asking me to do their invites, in my eyes they believed in me that much that they gave me free rein over their invites and they were chufted so this is my way of saying thanks for believing in me!

Suzy, she is the last of my friends that I work with, she has recently come back from having a little boy, and he is truthfully the cutest little boy you have ever laid eyes on, its nice to have her back to have a laugh with even tho' she is miss stressy head!

But the final friend that is not listed, is someone that I have had the pleasure of knowing for 5 years, a true friend, someone that loves me for me, expects me for who I am and what I stand for, and is the biggest influence and supporter of my craft addicition, and is the one person who I owe my life to and thats Roger, my parter for 5 years, he is my love, my life and truely without sound corny my best friend.

Mex

1 comment:

Celfyddydau said...

congrats on your first UKS prompt. You have some great friends.