Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Part 1 - Cherished Moments

Ok missed part one so had to have a hunt and find the first prompt from ScrappyFairy, and here it is: -

Christmas .... what is your earliest christmas memories?What made christmas for you as a child?If you could have anything for christmas what would it be?

Right so what was my earliest memory?? thats a hard one, I dont remember a single first memory, it seems to be a few wrapped into one, and im not sure if they are all from the same year!!

I remember watching my parents putting up the ceiling decorations, I think like most others their parents had a thing about ceiling decorations and not just the odd hanging thing I mean large garlands from each corner into the middle by the light and then in each hoop there was something hanging, then the tree and then the hallway! hanging things here and dangly things there, coloured lights galore, a million and one sweets, toffeee oh who remembers them!! i used to love them.

But a memory I always have is one of me and my older brother desperately trying to get the seals of the sweets and nicking just the odd one or half dozen LOL and shoving the wraps in a whole in the settee! no one ever knew we done this and over the years frankly we both forgot until we were moving and my brother and dad picked up the sofa and OH MY GOD all those sweet wrappers flew to one end, it was going to the rubbish tip, so dad ripped it open and there we stood wetting ourselves!! my mum was horrified LOL was not sure whether she was upset that we nicked her sweets or to the fact she knew how long they were in there LOL.

I always remember walking home from school in December and seeing my lights up and then realising how close to christmas we were...........

Cherished moments

Cxx

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh PMSL about the sweets! I used to do the same thing! Only I hid the empties in the gap between my bedside cabinet and the floorboards as the bottom came out of it!!! My mum and dad found out after I had moved out and decorated my room!