Sunday, December 10, 2006

Whats that Feeling!!??


So this weekend saw me and Roger out shopping for christmas and desperately trying to get us in the mood for what is normally the best part of the year, but for some reason we are just not getting that feeling. Our mates laugh at us because normally by the first weekend in December out come the Decs and the cards, the music and old films (ok mainly me LOL) but im normally Mrs Christmas, but this year its just been the complete opposite!!

Been in a funny mood all weekend, as a crafty person I normally make all cards, but this year I havent and people have noticed and made not horrible comments but are taken back as I havent made them! but this year im finding it hard to motivate myself let alone making hundreds of cards. I seem to be more into scrapbooking, but even still I could make cards still, I suppose im just being lazy!!

Roger was working on Saturday morning, so when he got home we were "right lets get on and jump into Christmas" so popped into town and got a few more pressies which was good, its wasnt busy to the unbearable state, and then we realised that I couldnt make anymore cards or scrapbooking till after Christmas due to making room for our tree, so we went to the card shop, and brought our normal mums, dads, etc.... but for me this year was the hardest!! im one for words its something that I got from my dad, it could be the ugliest card in the shop but the words could be the most meaninful and we would buy it! so there I am in a busy card shop picking my cards (which was a novelty LOL) and then started looking for one to my dad, and then realised!! I wouldnt be giving it too him, I would have to go to the cemetry and pin it to his rose, and at that point I had an overwhelming rush of emotions and feelings, and found a few tears, its such a strange feeling.

The things I had to take into consideration, size, colour run, words!! words my god that was the hardest, I found one in the end, and have now written it ready for next weekend, it truly was the hardest thing ever...............

Anyway, lets end this on a positive note!! my tree is up and ready for mascaring LOL only kidding will post a piccie once its done.

Love to you all
Cxx

No comments: